We are pleased to welcome you to our Master’s and Doctoral programs in Global Engineering for Development, Environment and Society (GEDES). You are cordially invited to the online course orientation scheduled on September 28th from 16:00.
For attending the orientation online, please register from the link below.
開催時刻：2022年9月28日 04:00 PM 大阪、札幌、東京
If you have never attended a zoom meeting before, you may need to install the Zoom Client, or it may be automatically installed.
Make sure to try well in advance.
You can download the orientation materials for your own use during and after the orientation.
We are pleased to announce that the graduation ceremony for GEDES
master’s degree graduates will be held as shown below,
following the graduation ceremony by the university
– Date and time: 15:30 onwards, September 22, 2022
– Venue: Ishikawadai Bldg.4, B02-05
– In-person. Face masks are required.
Graduating students will receive the diploma at this ceremony.
For those who cannot make in-person, please contact the GEDES office:
Master’s and doctoral students are required to present their progress in the interim presentation of GEDES. An interim presentation will be held on September 28, 2022. From 9:00-10:30, the master’s interim presentations will be held. It will be followed by the doctoral interim presentations from 10:45 – 12:15.
Frequently visit this page for updates.
The following students are eligible to present in the interim event after consulting with the academic supervisor. For students who are uncertain, kindly confirm with your academic supervisor.
- Master’s students enrolled in September 2021
- Doctoral students enrolled in September 2020, April 2021, and September 2021.
- Exceptional cases (discuss with supervisor)
Instructions for Presenters
Registered students will receive updates, including the program, submission procedure of presentation materials, and zoom link.
Contact the GEDES chair or the GEDES office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A doctoral thesis presentation will be held for the following on October 12, 2022 from 9:00 to 10:30.
Name: Jyunya Takahashi
Title: Practical application of welding procedure on cast iron considering both joint performance and construction environment
Adviser: Prof. Kunio Takahashi
For additional details, click here.
On August 4, 2022, a final thesis presentation of master’s students of GEDES was held in hybrid-style at the Suzukakedai campus of Tokyo Tech. After the impressive presentations from all the students, two best presenters and an outstanding presenter were selected by the department faculty.
The following was awarded the outstanding best presentation:
- Jessica CHRISTINA “Uptake and Effects of Microplastics on Manila Clams” (supervisor: Jeffrey S. CROSS)
The following were awarded the best presentations:
- Yuta A. TAKAGI “Modeling the growth and nutrient reducation potential of seagrass meadows in the Berau coastal system, East Kalimantan, Indonesia” (supervisor: Takashi NAKAMURA [中村隆志])
- Jiantao ZHANG “Numerical study on force performance and vortex dynamics of flapping foil in ground effect” (supervisor: Takashi NAKAMURA [中村恭志])
The following students won the best presentation awards in the recently held GEDES workshop on students’ activities held on August 3, 2022.
|Do Ngoc Khanh
|| Teaching Assistant Activities in the Ordinary Differential Equations and Physical Phenomena Course
||Participation on “JpGU 2022” (Japanese Geoscience Union Meeting 2022)
|Che Chia Kang
||Activity as a TA for Transdisciplinary Engineering Experiment A
Keep up the good work!
We are pleased to announce the following public presentation for the doctoral dissertation of Mr. Takuhi Hara. The details are as follows.
Name: Mr. Takuhi Hara (alumnus of Takeshita Lab)
Dissertation Title: “Research on recovery and solidification of radioactive Cesium from contaminated soil generated at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant” (in Japanese)
Date and Time: August 2, 13:00-14:30
Manager: Prof. Kiyohiko Nakasaki
Date & Time: 9:00 AM onwards, August 3, 2022
Venue: Online (Zoom meeting)
Eligible Activity: It is only allowed to register activities that were conducted within 1 year. Also, doctoral course students cannot register the activities during the master’s course except for the application for the “Doctoral Recurrent Program”.
Program: Click here
- Presentation style: Oral presentation using PowerPoint/PDF slides via Zoom meeting (NOTE: The style is different from the previous Poster Presentation style)
- Language: English
- Presentation time
- Course with 1 credit: 6 minutes (2 min. presentation and 4 min. Q&A)
- Course with 2 credits: 7 minutes (3 min. presentation and 4 min. Q&A)
- Course with 3 credits: 8 minutes (4 min. presentation and 4 min. Q&A)
- Course with 4 credits: 9 minutes (5 min. presentation and 4 min. Q&A)
Presentation contents (following items should be clearly presented)
- Your activity and/or experience including background, objective and achievement/conclusion
- What you learned or were trained?
- What challenges/learning/training do you still need based on your activity/experience?
- For more detail, please check the course syllabus in OCW.
If you want to register multiple courses, please register separately. However, you cannot register multiple courses with the same activity (for example, you cannot get credit for both of Global Engineering Off-Campus Project and ALP Overseas Training for the same overseas activity. Also, you cannot register two of Global Engineering International Workshop even if you make two presentations in a single conference).
Deadline for registration: 5 pm, July 27, 2022
- If you do not make registration by the due date, you cannot make a presentation.
- Submit a report after the presentation.
- Contents should include replies to the questions for your presentation as well as the contents of questions you asked for other presentations.
- The report should be written in English or Japanese in A4-size word document.
- There are minimum page limits depending on the number of credits to be obtained.
- 1 credit: 2 pages or more
- 2 credits: 4 pages or more
- 3 credits: 6 pages or more
- 4 credits: 8 pages or more
- Deadline: 5 pm, August 10, 2022
- Submit to your supervisor via e-mail
Inquiry: Takashi Nakamura: nakamura.t.av[at]m.titech.ac.jp (*Please change [at] to @)
1. Final Presentation (Face-to-face, subject to change)
August 4, 2022 (Programme to be announced)
– Time Allocation: 17 minutes for each presentation, including 5 minutes
– Language: Presentation in English, Discussion in English or Japanese.
– Venue: Face-to-face at Suzukakedai-campus but you can participate online if your supervisor agrees in advance. See the program for the registration link.
– Program: Click here to access the program. Keep checking the program for changes until the day of the presentation.
– Time allotment: : 12 minutes for each presentation, plus 5 minutes (or 8 minutes for students applying for the doctoral course) for Q&A
– Submission method: upload your presentation slides to BOX accessible from the link below (to upload only) by 17:00, 3rd August 2022.
2. Submission of documents
– Required documents: Main thesis document and an extended abstract (4 pages) written in English or Japanese
– Deadline: 17:00, July 28th (Thu) 2022 for both documents
– Format of Extended Abstract: Click here to download the template.
– File type: Separate PDF files for each document
– Submission method: upload your documents through the link
link below (note: upload only)
3. Additional instructions about the documents
Filename of your main thesis document: StudentnumberFamilynameMT.pdf (e.g.
Filename of your extended abstract: StudentnumberFamilynameAB.pdf (e.g. 20M12345NoharaAB.pdf)
You can upload only once. However, if you want to resubmit the file, you can upload the revised document by affixing a revision number at the end of the filename (e.g. 20M12345NoharaAB-R1.pdf).
DO NOT use Kanji or Chinese characters for your name (write in Roman Alphabet).
Doctoral thesis presentations under the GEDES program will be held on July 6 and 7, 2022.
For specific details on the schedule and attendance procedures, please click the link below: