On July 22, 2020, the 18th English Speech Contest organized by the Foreign Languages Section of the Institute of Liberal Arts will be held through Zoom from 13:30 to 15:10 PM.
GSEP students will once again be participating as contestants in the said event. Audience outside of Tokyo Tech are also welcome so feel free to share this information to your family and friends.
The speakers with their topics are listed in no particular order as follows.
- Zhanybekz Bekbolat, “Universal Basic Income: Essential or Detrimental?”
- Yu Nin Chan, “Are We Equal?”
- Yilun Lu, “Shark, the misconceived creature”
- Natprawee_Pattayawij, “Capitalism Barrier in the Way of Science”
- Zhiyang YU, “The Similarities between Being Chinese and Being Gay”
- Huu Nhat Huy Tran, “How can the world prepare themselves for a future pandemic?”
- Shiho Otomo, “Does Eating Organic Food Make Us Healthier”?
- Erdenebat Battseren, “Is Renewable Energy the future?”
To witness the event, obtain a Zoom URL by sending an email to eigoscr[at]flc.titech.ac.jp (replace [at] with @) with the subject “Speech Contest 2020”.
The release dates for the grades of Q1 and Q2 are as follows.
Q1: 2020/07/10 13:00 ～ 2020/07/10 23:59
Q2: 2020/09/01 13:00 ～
2020 Time table for classes (ver. 16) : TimeTable2020v16
Time table may be updated.
Date and time: Sept. 25 (Wed.) 13:30-16:35 (Including 5-minutes break.)
Place: S621 Lecture room
All students who will take this class should be attend it.
If you cannot attend it, please mail to Yamashita.
Register at: https://forms.gle/7Fn2KtntbUgaDmqK9
Deadline: 16:00, August 5 (Mon), 2019 (Punctuality)
*You must register if you want to make a presentation in this time.
Submit to: Supervisor
Deadline: 16:00,August 5 (Mon), 2019 (Punctuality)
Date and Time: 9:00-, August 19(Mon), 2019
Venue: Room B02-B05, Ishikawadai Bldg.4, Ookayama
Presentation style: Oral presentation
Language: Japanese or English
Presentation time: Each presenter has 12 minutes in total (7 min for your presentation,
4 min for Q&A, 1 min for the preparation)
We will provide an orientation with respect to:
Advanced assignment to laboratories (T.B.D),
Research opportunity in Laboratories,
Independent research project,
Bachelor research project (T.B.D)
Date: Aug. 9, 2018
Place: Room No.102 South 6th Build. (for GSEP students)
TSE Rouge computer room. (for Japanese course students)
Please attend the orientation if you want to take the courses.
Slides for explanation (to be uploaded.)
Slides for explanation of laboratories Ver.4 (English and Japanese)
1. Date & Time: August 7th (Tuesday), 2018, 10:45am-12:15pm
2. Venue: B02-05, Bidg. I4, Ookayama
– Format: Poster presentation
– Size and number of sheet: A1, 1 sheet for each presentation
– Presentation content (They should be presented clearly)
– Your activity and/or experience including background, objective, and achievement/conclusion
– What you learned or were trained?
– What challenges/learning/training do you still need based on your activity/experience?
4. Register at here.
5. Deadline: 5pm, July 31th (Tuesday), 2018
6. Program (TBA)
– Submit a report after the presentation.
– Content should include reply to the questions for your presentation as well as the content of questions you asked for other presentations.
– There is no format for the report in English or Japanese.
– Deadline: 3pm, August 17th (Friday), 2018
– Submit to: Supervisor
1. Corresponding students
Students graduating in September 2018
2. Submission of documents
– Required documents: Main text of thesis and Extended abstract (4 pages)
– Submit to: Here
**Format for Extended Abstract (4 pages in English or Japanese)**
– Deadline: 5 PM, August 1st (Wednesday), 2018 for both papers
– File type: one PDF for each document (Do NOT submit doc or docx files)
– File name: StudentnumberFamilyname.pdf (e.g. 16M12345Isono.pdf)
(Do NOT use Chinese characters for your family name, write it in Alphabet)
**If you want to replace the file with a new one, just upload the new file**
3. Final presentation
– Date: August 8th (Wednesday), 2018
– Time: 10am-12pm, 1pm-
– Venue: Room B02-05, Bldg. I4, Ookayama
– Language: Presentation in English, Discussion in English or Japanese
– Time Limit: 14 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for Q&A, 1 minute for alternation and preparation
– PC: Bring your own or lab’s laptop that has a VGA outlet. Check the compatibility with the projector in advance.
1) 35 copies of your presentation slide should be prepared and distributed to the faculty members just prior to your presentation with the assistance of your laboratory members
2) The maximum number of the paper distributed should be limited within 2 in two-sided printing
3) A correspondence table of technical terms between English and Japanese should be appended in the last slide
Department of Transdisciplinary Science and Engneering is recruiting TA(Social Design Project 2Q)
titel:Social Design Project (Thu. 5～8period)
Number of people:２ persons
The month of work commencement: June
Target: Master or Doctor students (Priority for Doctor students)
Language: Japanese and English
Also, you are required to:
1.be able to communicate with faculty and students in English.
2.participate in every class (Thu. 5～8 period)
☆You neet to consult if you are absent from any classes.
Deadline: May 18 2018
Application method: Please notify Prof.Nohara of your name,student ID,laboratory name,e-mail address and telephone number via email(email@example.com) by the deadline.
Contact:Department of Transdisciplinary Science and Engneering office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date & Time: 4 :30 pm –, April 3rd (TUE), 2018
Venue: Room B02/05, Ishikawadai Bldg. 4, Ookayama
After the orientation, welcome party will be held at the same venue.